Liability investigations are performed on various materials to determine the cause of the failure.
The most important questions that need to be answered are:
- Did the material fail because of a manufacturing defect?
- Did the material fail because of a design defect?
- Did the material fail because of abuse or misuse?
- Did the material fail because of an improper service environment?
- Were there adequate product instructions and warnings?
- What steps need to be taken to prevent reoccurance?
The main steps for answering these questions are:
- On-site evidence recovery and documentation
- Transport to secure storage
- Evaluation of evidence in a laboratory setting
The case studies to the left provide sample investigations that KARS’ personnel have been involved for over 30+ years.